Explore the metal and leather work of Delphine Pontvieux.
Never mind our generation has come to grips with the fact that pretty much everything we consume is mass produced, Delphine begs to differ that there is a spot to be filled to cater to discerning people who are still looking for something truly unique.
Every piece of jewelry you are about to see on this website is handmade to order by her in her Chicago workshop, with love, patience and the individual attention they deserve, with carefully selected hides and hardware that are made to last.
Pontvieux creates the designs, dyes her own leather with ecofriendly dyes, and produces each piece from scratch.
As you browse our collections, never hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have prior to placing your order.
We take pride in developing relationships with our customers and we love to dialogue with you. We also welcome your comments, ideas and suggestions.
And if you are looking for something specific that you never ever seem to find...read on!
Pretty much everybody cringes upon hearing the word "Custom," because we associate it with dreadful price tags and the misconception that custom work was only intended for a chosen few.
Well, not here. Delphine is always looking forward to communicating with you and to work with your budget and style.
Together, we will create the piece of leather finery you desire, be it a belt, a necklace or a cuff, at a reasonable price.
NYET JEWELRY'S HISTORY:
Nyet Jewelry is a division of Miss Nyet Publishing, LLC, a small press founded by Delphine Pontvieux in the summer of 2009. (www.missnyet.com)
After the release of her first novel, Pontvieux felt the urge to make something with her hands, after having worked non stop with only her brain for the past couple years. She started making jewelry, experiencing with leather, metal and suede in her ever expanding Chicago workshop.
Miss Nyet jewelry was officially born in September of 2012, when Pontvieux launched her very first jewelry collection: NON ET NON-THE AFFIRMATIVE COLLECTION.
- Several of her pieces were featured in the special swimsuit summer edition of Southern Boating magazine in 2013.
- Another collection followed in the spring of 2013, called THE EQUESTRIAN COLLECTION. Pontvieux also took metalsmithing classes that year.
- Pontvieux's signature choker was commissioned by the organizers of the Beach Polo World Cup 2013 to be given as a trophy ceremony gift to all the female pro players who participated in the tournament.
- She launched her third collection, called WOAH, FRENCHY, in the fall of 2013, followed by CHIC PLANET, which launched at the end of March 2014.
- Delphine Pontvieux was commissioned once again to present some of her equestrian creations as gifts to all the professional polo players, male and female, participating in the La Martina Beach Polo World Cup 2014 in Miami Beach, Florida.
- In the fall of 2014, Pontvieux decided it was time to give a new set of wings to her growing company. She renamed it NYET jewelry and created the new website you are visiting today: www.nyetjewelry.com.
- Delphine Pontvieux attended fashion week in NY and came back with her head full of ideas. She released the collection CHIC HAPPENS in 2016. More than ever, she developed her brand by taking part in a lot of art shows and fashion events.
- Delphine Pontvieux just moved into her new workshop and show room in September 2017. From now on, she welcomes customers by appointment.
- NYET JEWELRY is sold internationally online, at trunk shows and select jewelry stores located in the Chicago area.
- Our goal for 2018 is to focus on developing our brand and clientele throughout the United States.