Delphine Pontvieux - Nyet founder/designer
Random facts and trivia.
- I was born in Versailles, France, and grew up in Beaune, capital of the famed Burgundy wines.
I would happily survive anywhere on a diet of bread, wine and cheese. Oh, and French fries, too.
- I worked in the music industry for ten years for two large independent US (punk) rock labels.
- I played a very conservative, Joan-of-Arc-fanatic, French woman in the 2012 motion picture "LOL-Laughing Out Loud," featuring Demi Moore and Miley Cyrus. I was also brutally murdered in the summer 2015 horror movie "Sinister 2." You can also see me as a member of the Board of Directors in the FOX series Empire.
- I wrote and published my first novel in December of 2009, a thriller titled “ETA-Estimated Time of Arrest”, which won two awards in 2010 (French Consulate - Arts and Culture category) and 2011 (US Indie Excellence Book Award).
I am attracted to sports in general, but most specifically to extreme sports. My bucket list is bottomless when it comes to trying new thrills and experiencing new sensations... Lately, I've tried my hand at kitesurfing, hang gliding, spelunking, flying trapeze... The crazier, the better.
- I am a scuba diving instructor. I am also a cave and trimix tech diver.
- My motto is: "it's never too late."
- Like a true citizen of the world, I have lived, studied and worked in France, Australia, Spain, Texas, Florida and the Netherlands until I moved to Chicago in 1998. I have also visited many other countries, yet, i still think i haven't seen anything.
- I started making jewelry because I needed to do something with my hands that did not imply typing on a keyboard.
- I love the smell and feel of leather (no surprise here). Skin is the sexiest material to work with.
- I am a professional dreamer. I can even dream in episodes, picking up my dream right where i left it that morning when the alarm woke me up.
- I'm a bona fide night owl. Still, I can't ever take a nap for the life of me.